Monday, November 24, 2008
Yes, it is as bad as I remembered...
Jet lag. From China. It's a killer. Let's see... yesterday we had a pretty "normal" day after being up a good part of Saturday night. Last night, the kids went to bed at 6:30pm. Gemma woke at 9pm. We fed her another dinner (or maybe her first dinner - it's hard to keep track). I went to bed around 10pm. I think Gemma went back to sleep at some point after 10pm but before Edie woke up at midnight. Chris wakes back up from his snooze on the couch to be with Edie. Gemma wakes up at 1:30am. I wake up at 2:30am so Chris can go back to sleep. Play downstairs in a darkened room with both kids until 4am, when I deem it possible to get both back to sleep if I lie in bed with them, softly singing and rubbing tummies. Wrong. Gemma whacks Edie with her bottle. Edie doesn't like the bedtime song I am singing. Edie pushes Gemma over. Gemma grabs Edie's hair. Gemma fusses, Chris wakes up to help by fixing Gemma a new bottle. There are now 4 bottles on the nightstand in various stages of consumption. At 4:45am, Gemma does finally fall asleep. I move her to her crib. Edie is now chattering to Chris in our bedroom, so I go in to try to get her to stop talking. Gemma wakes up at 5:15am and needs to be resettled. Edie continues to squirm and talk until 6am, when she falls asleep. At 6am Sam's alarm clock goes off, so it's time for me to head downstairs to make sure he gets off to school okay. So here I sit, sipping decaf (hopes of falling back asleep after Sam leaves) and eating Tootsie rolls for a snack. Tonight, for your amusement, I will perhaps capture all of this fun on camera. How much do you want to bet Gemma wakes up the minute Sam walks out the front door??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Forgive me for laughing hysterically as I read your blog entry today! It brought back memories of our return almost one year ago (and we only had the 3 of us to get back on schedule). I hope you get some real sleep soon and everyone conforms to one schedule! Take care,
barb, will, & isla
Post a Comment