After a couple of days of traveling, and presenting our passports, visas, plane tickets, entry cards, departure cards, and Gemma's immigration papers at countless checkpoints, and going through security check after security check.... we cleared our last hurdle by reclaiming our luggage in Logan's Terminal A. We arrived home at about 7:30pm Saturday - thanks to our dear friends, Rachel and Chris, who greeted us and drove us back to Newton. We were DEAD tired - Edie was actually pale with fatigue! Both girls did really well on all of the flights, although none of us slept very much. Sam was here when we arrived and it was so nice to see him and for Gemma to finally meet her big brother. We stumbled around the house for an hour and fell into bed around 8:45pm. The girls were a bit restless (I was in bed with both of them) and Gemma finally woke me up for good at 1:45am, and Edie got up at 2:15am. So here we are downstairs. I am waiting for pasta to cook - no congee (the Chinese rice porridge) to be found in this house right now.... I will wake Chris up at 4am to take over while I go back to sleep!
It is so cold here - quite a shock after the 70 and 80 degree days in China. But it feels like the holiday season has arrived, and we are very thankful to have come home with our new little daughter just in time for Thanksgiving.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment