Happy Family Day, Edie! You joined our family 4 years ago today in a chaotic provincial affairs office in Changsha, Hunan, not all that far from where you sleep tonight. We could not have imagined the joy you would bring to us and to all of our family and friends in the short time we have been together. You are so perceptive and intelligent, always a positive spirit, strong-willed, very funny, sensitive to the needs of others, and a beautiful little girl who already shows signs of the lovely woman you will grow to be. Little Yixian, it is so fitting that we meet Gemma tomorrow, and celebrate our last day as a family of four here in China on your very special day. We know you will be an AWESOME big sister, and we love you so much.
xoxo Mom and Dad
Edie on November 9, 2004

Edie on November 9, 2008
3 comments:
Happy Family Day! We will be thinking of all of you and Gemma tomorrow.
Happy Family Day! We too celebrated Avery Day here. I felt so emotional as I read your words--how these Gotcha Days have really changed our lives! I will have to think you all in my sleep as you get to hold Gemma for the first time. I can't wait to hear more!--The Houle Family in Montana
Edie and the Pikes, Happy Family Day!
Edes, you're a superstar!
Post a Comment