Friday, June 25, 2010

Edie's First Piano Recital

Edie started taking piano lessons in late October. We are lucky to have a wonderful piano teacher and neighbor, Sayuri, just two houses down the street from us. I was worried that Edie was starting too young, and in truth she probably could have waited a year or two, but it's been great to have her learn. I have watched her begin to read and play notes and use both hands, and realize how much coordination it requires. I bought the last piano book I had been playing when I stopped taking lessons and decided I need to keep playing to keep my brain functioning!

Sayuri held a recital for her students a week ago. There were over 20 people and Edie was the youngest (and least experienced) student, and she was selected to play first. Chris and I could see how nervous she was when she saw the crowd and realized what was about to happen. I thought she might back down or make me sit with her. But she found her composure and walked up, sat down and played. Short and sweet!





No comments: