Friday, July 23, 2010

Cousin Jordan

My niece, Jordan, is visiting us for a few weeks on the Cape. Jordan is very special to me. She was the first of the now large group of nieces and nephews I am lucky enough to have in my life, and she was the flower girl at our wedding. I have always loved spending time with Jordan, and this visit is no exception. In fact, it is even better than past visits because Jordan is now a teenager and a lovely young person with interesting perspectives on life, an avid reader, someone who loves the TV series, Weeds, as much as I do, and a fantastic mother's helper. Edie and Gemma adore Jordan, and I do mean ADORE. My girls can be a bit tough on newcomers - they have been known to cling to me like monkeys - but Jordan is different. Not only is she a natural with children, having had tons of experience with her own younger brothers, but I think the girls can also sense just how much I love her!

No comments: