Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy New Year -- Year of the Tiger


The past couple of months have been a blur for me. I have over-committed myself with volunteer duties for Edie's school and our local art school and gallery, the New Art Center. I love what I am doing, but it has meant that other things are falling through the cracks. One of these was a proper celebration of Chinese New Year. We usually get together with friends, eat a good Chinese dinner (or two), pass out traditional red envelopes with money to the kids... but since CNY fell on Valentine's Day this year and since we were leaving for Florida that day, we managed to get the girl's hair cut, clean our house (both traditional CNY activities) and that's about it! Edie dressed for her CNY celebration at school, and Gemma tried on a Chinese qi pao as well. I keep meaning to get the girls professionally photographed, and think that it might be nice to have a "proper" set of photographs in their Chinese clothing!

No comments: