Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dear Gemma, You're TWO!!

Gemma turned two on August 29... can it be?? I feel like we just welcomed her into our family and already she is two years old. We had a little party for her in Cotuit during the torrential downpours caused by Hurricane Danny. It probably rained 4 or 5 inches that day. We invited some Cotuit friends over to celebrate, along with Mimi and Grandpa, who were visiting from Long Island. The morning started off with some quiet family time and gift opening.



A little hat for the birthday girl:



Right before the party guests arrived, Chris went to check the basement just in time to see water pouring in over the window wells and into our basement. Yikes!! He had to run outside to dig a trench through the new grass in our front lawn to drain off the water. The kids found this highly amusing.


Okay, once the waterfall had been turned off, we enjoyed some beautiful cupcakes decorated by Edie and Mimi. I accidentally bought those candles that won't blow out - that was interesting...


And we all sang happy birthday to Gemma, who seemed VERY proud to be two. I wish I had taken a picture of her eating her cupcake - she had so much frosting up her nose I was afraid she would stop breathing. Well, then again, maybe that wouldn't be the most pleasant photo to post. Happy birthday, little one!

No comments: